26.6.14

Biggest News Of Digital Marketing - CASL


CASL - Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation


I came to know about CASL about two weeks ago but never thought of posting on ADWG. Reason, I did not go through it much except that:

  1. It is going to take effect from July 1, 2014 on.
  2. It is applicable to "Commercial Electronic Messages".
  3. You should take it seriously to make your list CASL compliance, ask away Canadian subscribers to ensure that they really want to receive your emails.
  4. If not CASL compliant, risk millions of dollars in fine for the senders. (I just wish I was born in Canada or I was living in Canada, or I could own a Canadian email address,  really!!)
  5. Did you miss what I just said within the parentheses? Let me repeat, if somebody who is not living in Canada but is Canadian and owns a Canadian email address can also sue those who dare sending email without them subscribing to their emails.
I simplified it for you, so, you know what CASL is at least! Still not clear? Google, buddy! or read this article - CASL Compliant, are you? 

Until next time...

Thanks,
J.

0 comments:

Post a Comment